The company was founded by David Doyle in 1972 – the company focused initially on constructing farm buildings and have grown to become of Ireland’s top suppliers of Readymix Concrete and Easyflow Concrete Mix. These farm buildings play a vital role in the management and production of food. They consist of buildings for animal husbandry and the processing of food crops. The construction of farm buildings requires several basic materials, one of them being Concrete or Concrete Mix, for foundations, milking parlours, cattle slats, silage pits, farm roadways etc.
Readymix Concrete Suppliers
Doyle’s are now one of Ireland’s main suppliers of Readymix Concrete. Previously Doyle’s bought in their concrete from the larger concrete suppliers, and as their business grew, their requirement for Concrete also increased and the demand was such that even the larger companies couldn’t keep up with supply, this gave Doyle’s the opportunity to enter the market. Starting with just one truck in 1986 Doyle’s became one of the first family firms to supply Readymix Concrete not only for themselves but also to other farm building contractors.
The business grew steadily and as each new innovation in concrete production and technology became available, Doyle’s incorporated them into their service. Today their plant in Hugginstown is a state of the art Readymix Concrete production and delivery facility. As technology brought new advances in production, the quality standards also rose. Once the Concrete is mixed with water it must be poured within two hours, in order to comply with the European Safety standards directive EN 206, this is the EU standard that must be adhered to for quality and safety purposes
Doyle Concrete carry out their own in-house quality standards for EN 206, and in addition are audited once a year to verify compliance in this important area. In addition to supplying Concrete Mix for farm buildings, Doyle’s have provided the service for larger construction companies such as McInerneys Construction in Waterford, ASCON and SISK. Concrete products were supplied to the construction of the Vocational School in Ballyhale, Aldi, National Roadways and Water Tower construction.
Doyle’s are ideally situated to supply South Kilkenny, Waterford and the Tipperary businesses and County Councils, withReadymix Concrete and concrete products, (see under Services).
Other products that Doyle’s supply include:
- Easyflow Concrete Mix: We are one of the leading suppliers of Easyflow Concrete Mix in Ireland.
- Precast Concrete Products: We supply Precast Concrete Products such as Cillis, Lintels, Kerbs, Fencing etc.
- Concrete Pumping Service: We offer a complete Concrete Pumping Service for the commercial and residential markets.
- Conveyor/extendable chutes: We offer a Conveyor/extendable chutes service for concrete placement.
- Steelite Lintels: Steelite have developed a modern and comprehensive range of Steel Lintels.
- Prestressed Cattle Slats: For a comprehensive range of Prestressed Cattle Slats contact us today on 056 7768650/056 7768778.
- Easyfix Slat Rubber: Improving the welfare and comfort of livestock our Easyfix Slat Rubber matting is suitable for use in slatted sheds.
- Prestressed Flooring: Doyle Concrete’s Prestressed Concrete Flooring solutions offer customers in Ireland a whole host of concrete flooring advantages.